Position Title: Israel Education Coordinator
Organization: Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC)
Start Date: Immediate Hire
Salary: This is full-time position with a full benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
JCRC convenes the Jewish community’s “Common Table” around which representatives from every Jewish agency, synagogue, and Jewish organization in central Indiana are welcome and encouraged to sit together to find consensus on issues of concern. JCRC then communicates these interests and values to the community-at-large, policy makers, and media outlets. We build bridges and partnerships wherever possible, cultivating relationships within and among faith & ethnic communities, and acting in coalition with other groups advocating civil rights and social & economic justice for all. JCRC is proactive in combating antisemitism and advocating for Israel. We distribute a calendar of Jewish holidays to help avoid scheduling conflicts, provide factually accurate classroom curricula on Jews, Judaism & Israel, and combat bullying and promote respect & inclusivity in schools. JCRC is an independent, non-profit organization, a constituent agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, and a founding member of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
The JCRC’s Israel Education Coordinator will work in close cooperation with the JCRC’s Executive Director to oversee the planning, coordination, and implementation of accurate Israel and Anti-Semitism curricula to area teens, schools, and college campuses. The Israel Education Coordinator will recruit, educate, train, and assist students to become confident advocates for themselves as Jews, for the Jewish community, and for the Jewish and democratic State of Israel.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions:
- Manage logistics of multiple programs and projects at various stages including recruitment, curriculum development, monitoring budgets, administering evaluations, and tracking deliverables of Israel advocacy and combatting Antisemitism programming
- Identify, establish, maintain, and leverage local relationships with Jewish communal professionals, school administrators & teachers, volunteers, and students in order to grow and sustain programming
- Work with students to create and implement new programs around Israel advocacy and combatting Anti-Semitism, and strengthen existing ones
- Facilitate appropriate workshops/training for students, teachers, and administrators
- Maintain open lines of communication with schools, campuses, regional campus-serving professionals, and national organizations to leverage programmatic support when necessary
- Provide administrative support as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Requires a BA/BS and 2+ years professional experience in a relevant field; candidates possessing an education background strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in project management and team communication software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Jewish and Israeli history, values, and traditions
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position please send a resume, cover letter and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org