Position Title: Program and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC)
Start Date: Immediate Hire
Salary: This is full-time position with a full benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
JCRC convenes the Jewish community’s “Common Table” around which representatives from every Jewish agency, synagogue, and Jewish organization in central Indiana are welcome and encouraged to sit together to find consensus on issues of concern. JCRC then communicates these interests and values to the community-at-large, policy makers, and media outlets. We build bridges and partnerships wherever possible, cultivating relationships within and among faith & ethnic communities, and acting in coalition with other groups advocating civil rights and social & economic justice for all. JCRC is proactive in combatting antisemitism and advocating for Israel. We distribute a calendar of Jewish holidays to help avoid scheduling conflicts, provide factually accurate classroom curricula on Jews, Judaism & Israel, and combat bullying and promote respect & inclusivity in schools. JCRC is an independent, non-profit organization, a constituent agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, and a founding member of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
The JCRC’s Program and Communications Coordinator will work in close cooperation with the JCRC’s Executive Director and Director of Government Affairs to oversee the planning, coordination, marketing and implementation of ongoing and future programs. The Program and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining an innovative and coherent communications strategy that clearly communicates mission and outcomes of the organization to the community-at-large.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions:
- Manage logistics of multiple programs and projects at various stages including RFPs, budgets, administering evaluations, and monitoring deliverables
- Creating and implementing a marketing strategy for programming, including designing promotional materials
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive digital communications strategy
- Overseeing all digital communications including website, social media, newsletter, and blog
- Maintaining membership management database ensuring accuracy and maximum functionality
- Providing administrative support as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Requires a BA/BS; 2+ years professional experience in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as people skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in project management and team communication software
- Proficiency in client relationship management (CRM) software or membership management software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and WordPress; HTML and Adobe Suite proficiency a plus
- Familiarity with Jewish history, values, and traditions
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position please send a resume, cover letter and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org