The JCRC is proud to partner with the Institute for Curriculum Services (ICS), which provides curricula and professional development to social studies educators with the goal of strengthening the quality of K-12 education on Jewish subjects for all.
The Common Core-aligned curricula includes fact sheets of essential information, lesson plans, primary source documents, maps, and recommended resources.
In providing accurate educational materials on Jews, Judaism, and Israel, ICS impacts the quality of education for millions of public and private school students who learn about Jewish subjects in social studies classes each year.
The JCRC is eager to be a resource to help connect you to:
- Free and balanced curricular materials for use in teaching accurately about Judaism, Jewish history, the State of Israel and the Middle East.
- Members of local Jewish communities in Indiana who can speak about Jewish practice and beliefs, Israel, and/or anti-Semitism.
- The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which provides bully-prevention workshops for students, and anti-bias training for teachers.
The JCRC also recommends visiting the Center for Israel Education, which maintains a rich web site with an annotated Israel timeline, a dedicated educator section that provides college course syllabi, research bibliographies based on themes, and valuable links that connect to a wide array of distinguished websites that provide a broad understanding of modern Israel.
List of Curriculum Resources
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: Teach About Antisemitism
- Facing History and Ourselves: Antisemitism & Religious Intolerance
- Holocaust Center for Humanity: 9 Lesson Plans
- Yad VaShem: World Holocaust Remembrance Center: Educational Videos
- USC Shoah Foundation: Programs and Resources
- PJ Library: Resources for Younger Kids