Israel & International Affairs
JCRC engages with people from diverse backgrounds to build support for a strong U.S. – Israel relationship based on shared values. We support Israel as the Jewish and democratic homeland of the Jewish people. JCRC advocates for a negotiated two-state solution allowing Israelis and Palestinians to live as neighbors in peace, security, and dignity. We educate the community about the complexity of the conflict and model respectful discourse through our speakers and discussions.
JCRC leads our community and works with allies, to actively counter campaigns to delegitimize Israel. As part of our “Stand Up! Speak Out!” initiative, JCRC offers a prestigious Israel Engagement Fellowship for Jewish teens eager to engage thoughtfully on Israel by delving into the region’s history and contemporary challenges. The JCRC’s Israel Committee researches and compiles a range of articles for our monthly “Israel in Depth” newsletter, and crafts statements or Letters to the Editor as necessary.
- Participated in Progressive Women’s Trip to Israel, taking four local non-Jewish civic leaders to Israel
- Completed two cohorts of Israel Engagement Fellowship to help prepare local Jewish teens for Israel conversation on a future college campus
- Hosted Gil Hoffman, chief political correspondent for The Jerusalem Post at IHC
- Hosted ICS Professional Development to train teachers how to teach about Israel and the Arab-Israeli conflict
- Supported Jewish students at Butler, IUPUI, Purdue, Earlham, IU-Bloomington, DePauw
- Organized downtown luncheon for Speaker Brian Bosma and Israeli Consul General Aviv Ezra
- Launched a new initiative, in partnership with NEXTGen, “Israel around the Table” to encourage thoughtful discussions about Israel over Shabbat dinner in homes of lay leaders
- Hosted Israeli NGO Mercaz Ma’ase whose diverse young graduates presented to non-Jewish audiences about the power of volunteerism for underserved communities in Israel’s periphery
- Supported Israel booth at International Festival
- Support Jewish & Israeli Film Festival, appearing on local podcast • Attended I-Center Conference on Israel Education.
Israel Engagement Fellowship
An intensive learning experience that equips Jewish teens with the knowledge and confidence to be effective Israel advocates on their future college campus. The ISRAEL ENGAGEMENT FELLOWSHIP educates Jewish teens (10th, 11th, 12th graders) eager to gain valuable knowledge that will help them engage effectively on Israel, now, in college, and well into the future.