Israel In Depth
The Israel In Depth report is a regular feature on the JCRC’s blog from our Israel and International Affairs Committee.
June 9, 2017
Israel at Home:
- Israel hosts “Future Meating” conference of global researchers, NGOs and food industry leaders to strategize mass production of cultured meat. Read more here.
- Cornerstone laid for largest medical center in Judea, Samaria. Read more here.
- Israeli distillery launches country’s first single-malt whiskey. Read more here.
- Porche plans investment in Israeli smart-car startups. Read more here.
- Israeli city of Ashdod to host 2017 International Mediterranee Festival. Read more here.
- Israeli’s celebrate Israeli “Wonder Woman” star, Gal Gadot. Read more here.
- Israeli, Jordanians and Palestinians collaborate on earthquake preparedness. Read more here.
- Israeli Ambassador to Sri Lanka and Jewish NGO deliver aid to flood-survivors in Sri Lanka following worst natural disaster to hit Sri Lanka since 2004. Read more here.
- Cambodian Agriculture Ministry plans to establish a new agricultural training center with Israeli backing. Read more here.
- Israel and Nicaragua renew diplomatic ties after seven-year freeze. Read more here.
- Israel’s UN Ambassador elected Vice President of the next UN General Assembly. Read more here.
- PM Netanyahu attended West African economic community summit in Liberia. Read more here.
Israel and the US:
- Microsoft buys Israeli cyber-security firm for $100 million. Read more here.
- Christian Broadcasting Network finds box-office success with docudrama on Six Day War. Read more here.
- Israeli TV making inroads in US market. Read more here.
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN tells Israeli PM “UN bullies Israel”. Read more here.
- U.S. law enforcement stop planned attacks on Israelis in New York, Panama. Read more here.
- Queens borough president marches for Israel. Read more here.
- U.S. considering departure from UNHRC, citing singular focus on Israel. Read more here.