The JCRC was pleased to work with the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest on their biannual Israel seminar for Congressional staff and other government officials. We are grateful to Ice Miller for hosting this important event at their firm.
Some highlights from the day included:
- Deputy Consul General Itay Milner providing the group with an overview of the new geopolitical challenges in the Middle East
- Presentations highlighting the many exciting prospects for increased economic partnerships between Indiana and Israel
- Colonel Kirk White of the Indiana Air National Guard discussing the relationship between the Indiana National Guard and the Israel Homefront Command
- Reflections from Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill and Deputy Mayor Angela Smith-Jones on their recent trips to Israel
- Engaging with several high level diplomats including Einat Weiss, Counselor for Public Affairs from the Embassy of Israel to the US
In addition to these highlights, we are pleased to report that 8 out 9 of Indiana’s House members and both Indiana Senators were represented. This strong showing from our congressional delegation underscores the commitment our elected officials have to supporting Israel.
The JCRC remains committed to increasing bipartisan support for the US-Israel relationship which includes bolstering ties between Indiana and Israel. We are thrilled that our elected officials and state and city officials share this commitment. It was a great day to celebrate the ties that have already been built and look to future opportunities for mutually beneficial projects.