Israel In Depth
The Israel In Depth report is a regular feature on the JCRC’s blog from our Israel and International Affairs Committee.
July 7, 2017
Israel at Home:
- As previously shared on Israel In Depth (See IID 5-5-2017), Israeli physicians are giving deaf Palestinian children the gift of hearing. A short video highlighting this work can be viewed here.
- New archaeological finds evidence Jewish presence in Caesarea in the 4th and 5th Centuries, CE. Read more here.
- Israeli archaeologists identify pigments in cloth believed worn by skilled workers in King Solomon’s copper mines in Israel’s southern Negev desert. Read more here.
- Jerusalem and Israeli government agencies create website to crowd-source market interests in Jerusalem, data to be shared with local entrepreneurs. Read about it here.
- Israeli-UK Fund to invest in educational technologies. Read more here.
- Indian Prime Minister Modi’s visit to Israel a historic ‘first’ for a sitting Indian PM. Read more here and here.
- Israeli Transportation Minister unveils plans to connect Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iraq to the Mediterranean through Israeli ports of Haifa and Ashdod. Read more here.
- Israeli company to oversee $1 billion worth of solar power projects in Africa. Read more here.
Israel and the US:
- U.S. law enforcement to keep Israeli company’s innovative Grab-and-Go booster seats on hand in patrol cars. Read more here.
- First Israeli NASCAR driver completes debut race. Read more here.
- GE Healthcare orders 12 heart scanners in Israeli company’s first commercial orders. Read more here.
- U.S. based aggrotech venture capital firm expanding to Israel. Read more here.
- Israel-US Binational Industrial R&D Foundation (BIRD) to invest $7 million in eight new Israeli-American projects. Read more here.