As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, JCRC staff are busy preparing for the 2017 session and planning our 2017 programming calendar. Lindsey met with IndyReads to begin exploring how JCRC might engage in literacy efforts. David attended organization day at the Indiana Statehouse this week and continues to work to build coalitions to help pass hate crimes legislation; Indiana is one of five states in the nation that does not have hate crimes legislation in place. Lauren is working on the Muslim Jewish Women’s Alliance; we’ll be launching the application on December 1 – stay tuned!
What We’re Reading:
- Faith, ethnic leaders: Do not give in to hate by Stephanie Wang for the Indianapolis Star. Read article here.
- Anti-Semitism Is Back? Those of us in the Hasidic community know that it never went away by Mordechai Lightstone for Tablet Magazine. Read article here.
- Ethiopian Lt. Colonel makes IDF history by Anna Ahronheim for the Jerusalem Post. Read article here.
- Infrastructure, Pre-K Among Chamber Priorities by Andy Ober for Inside Indiana Business. Read article here.
- Texas court blocks overtime rule by Marianne Levine for Politico. Read article here.
The Indianapolis JCRC wishes you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!