The Indianapolis JCRC is the media’s key link to the Greater Indianapolis Jewish community, serving as the primary resource for print, broadcast and online outlets on topics relating to Judaism, antisemitism, Israel, and the local community.
Providing a Jewish perspective on events and opinions expressed in the media, JCRC:
- Acts as the community’s clearinghouse for media on Israel and major stories that impact the Jewish community
- Helps guide press to the right person or organization in the Jewish community to address their need
- Produces news releases and coordinates media coverage on important community stories, events, and issues
- Drafts and places opinion pieces in Indianapolis area newspapers
- Monitors news outlets in order to ensure fair and accurate coverage and supportive editorial positions
- Meets routinely with top news editors, columnists, reporters and editorial boards to discuss Jewish priorities and Middle East coverage, and to stimulate stories on events and programs
- Coordinates briefings for media professionals with visiting Israeli dignitaries, journalists and scholars, providing access to Israel’s reality and perspective
Press Releases & Statements
Press Release: 8 Jewish Community Relations Councils (JCRCs) Release Joint Statement on Congressional Funding Vote re: Iron Dome Missile Defense System
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 1:00pm, Friday, September 24, 2021 INDIANAPOLIS, IN: The Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council released a joint statement today alongside seven other JCRCs (Chicago, Detroit, Louisville, Minnesota, New York, Phoenix, St Louis)...
Joint Statement from Jewish Community Relations Councils on Congressional Funding of the Iron Dome Missile Defense System
As Jewish Community Relations Councils deeply committed to a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, we thank the 420 Members of Congress who voted to fully fund the replenishment of Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system. This overwhelming...
Joint Letter to Senator Young on the Nomination of Dilawar Syed as Deputy Administrator of the Small Business Administration
Monday, September 20, 2021 The Office of Senator Todd Young Dirksen Senate Office Building #185 Washington, DC 20510 Dear Senator Young, We, the undersigned Hoosier leaders and organizations, are writing to ask you to allow for a vote on the nomination of Dilawar...